Wild Olive Guest House Pringle Bay
Wild Olive overlooking the ocean is set amidst a beautiful indigenous 'Fynbos' garden with a secluded rock-pool, providing an idyllic setting for whale-watching, spectacular African sunsets, big sky stargazing and award-winning cuisine. Arrive and immerse yourself in the natural surroundings.
This 3 bed-roomed guest house, within walking distance of the beach, has a relaxed and hospitable atmosphere with impeccable service and is situated in the Kogelberg Biosphere, a proclaimed World Heritage Site, only one hour's drive from Cape Town International Airport. Enjoy the pristine beach and azure ocean of Pringle Bay as well as wonderful mountain hikes. Pringle Bay is ideally situated for day trips to wine farms, golf-estates, natural hot-springs and other charming coastal and inland villages.
Each en-suite bedroom is a delight with sea and mountain views, all conveniences, private terraces, alfresco showers and great comfort guaranteed. Imagine, your skin sun-kissed during the day or to gaze at the stars at night while showering - there is an inside option too, of course. Sun-bathe on recliners on your own private patio or laze around the secluded rock-pool, enjoy the birdsong after restoring your body's natural balance with a therapeutic or hot stone massage by Julia at the 'Inner Edge'. In Winter relax around big roaring fires.
“Afro-Austrian” award-winning chef Peter Langer provides memorable dining experiences. On perfect evenings enjoy candle-lit dinners under the stars or spot the Souther Right Whales whilst enjoying scrumptious breakfasts served on the upper deck overlooking the ocean. Peter, is one of the few recipients of the Portfolio Collection Chef's Hat Award - the Good Food Accolade, for inspired chefs who create sublime food.
Attractions and Activities
• Explore the Overberg wine route and discover fine wines in the Hemel & Aarde Valley.
• Golf: 'Arabella' regarded as the Western Cape's number one challenge - 'Kleinmond' set
amongst the 'Fynbos' with sea and mountain views - 'Hermanus' - a modern classic.
• A casual walk in the Harold Porter Botanical Gardens is a nature lover's dream.
• Visit the Penguin Colony at Stony Point, Betty's Bay.
• Summertime you could experience a school of Dolphins surfing the waves.
• Discover an abundance of bird-life and track down the Wild Horses of the Bot River estuary in the Rooisand reserve.
• River Rafting on the Palmiet River.
• Whilst hiking in the Kogelberg nature reserve, enjoy a dip in the mountain pools along the Palmiet River trail.
• Canoeing, sand boarding, surfing, diving, fishing and tennis can be enjoyed.
• Nature on Horseback - for both novices and seasoned equestrians.
• Shark-Diving and Whale-Watching trips can be arranged.
• Horse riding.
Related / Useful Links
Photo Gallery click to enlarge
R500 to R650 per person sharing per night
VIEW \ full rates breakdown
227, Cnr. Hangklip & Bell Rds, Pringle Bay, Cape Overberg, South Africa
- Gloria Langer
- +27 (0)28 273-8750
- +27 (0)82 442-5544
- +27 (0)28 273-8752